With winter creeping up behind us, moisturiser should be your main concern. Keep your skin’s health in check by feeding it with the correct nutrients it needs. This weeks Star Beauty is all about rich moisturisers.
The secret to a flawless face is healthy, radiant skin. A flawless face starts with good skin care and, of course, good products – so make sure you choose the right ones. I would say skimp (if you must) on the cosmetics – limit it to the bare necessities (lipstick, eyeliner, mascara) if you’re running low on cash, but never ever settle for anything less than perfect skincare products.
Achieving great skin takes lots of loving care, following a good eating plan and using products that work in harmony with your skin. So, before you splurge your last bit of savings on lotions and potions, that promise you heaven on skin earth, test the products before you buy. Most reputable cosmetic houses have a counter, with an expert team that can tell you exactly which products your skin needs and you can test them out before you buy them.
Here are a few of my favourite things…
- La Mer Moisturising Creme. I kid you not, I used this cream for two days and I could already feel the difference. I used La Mer Moisturising Creme at night to feed my skin while I was asleep, and during the day I used
- La Mer Moisturising Gel. It’s amazing how quickly my skin absorbed the gel, leaving my skin feeling silky smooth. My make up even looked better, more radiant and definitely more flawless. In my opinion, a well deserved 10/10.
- Clinique Superdefense is the perfect moisturiser, packed with an SPF of 25 . Remember you skin still needs protection from the sun even in winter. Superdefense leaves my skin looking good, non-greasy and gives it a better texture. See my full review on this product here
- Bobbi Brown Face Base. Although this is not a moisturiser per se, its fabulous. It made my skin feel silky smooth and very luxurious. Its one of those products, where you just can’t stop touching your face . See what else I had to day about this product here
- Revlon Age Defying Sculpt-logic is a day lotion that is packed with BOTAFIRM™ which targets wrinkles and saggy skin.
Here are more great moisture-rich products…