Best Beauty Buys – Colour for lips and eyes
This week, in my Best Beauty Buys 2009 we get to my favourite-favourites; colour for lips and eyes. From time to time, and depending on my mood, my choice of colour for both lips and eyes changes, but these are just some of my all time favourites this year…
1. Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eye Shadow in “Ballet” is my all time favorite sparkle for eyes. I love, love, love it! This was a limited edition, so I use it very sparingly, but when I do, I feel like a gorgeous, sparkly princess.
2. For daytime, I like using Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Shadow Creme in “Antique Gold”. I have green eyes, and this colour really helps them to pop.
3. When I’m feeling a little daring, I love lining my eye lids with Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner in “Aqua”. It’s a really fun colour that goes perfect for a day when I’m feeling a little playful.
4. Quite a new addition to my makeup bag is MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow in “Under your Spell”. It comes with two sparkling eye shadow shades that provide loads of gorgeous sparkle.
5. Every girl needs to keep a bottle of Benefit Miss Popularity in her beauty bag. This highlighting product can be used to highlight areas of the face and even enhance your cleavage! I love using it on the inner corners of my eyes, as well as to highlight the brow bone.
6. A great mascara for both night and day is MAC Zoom Lash in “Black”. I have very short lashes and this product helps thicken them out and makes them look longer and more lush!
7. For defining brows, I like using Yardley Eye Brow Pencil in “Woodburn”. It perfectly matches my eyebrow colour and when applied, creates small, feather strokes that look natural. Plus the little brush on the lid makes it a great all-in-one brow pencil.
8. Now this product, I simply CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT and there is nothing like it on the market. I use it all the time and would never leave home without it. Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner in “Black Ink” is T-H-E best liner ever, well at least the best one I’ve ever used! Using the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner brush, I apply this product to my upper lids and it goes on magnificently! It also lasts and lasts, PLUS it doesn’t give you horrible “raccoon eye” residue on the top crease of the lid and keeps it’s jet black colour until you remove it.
9. For daytime, when I feel like going for an au natural look, Estee Lauder Sumptous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in “Brown” is gorgeous and gives my lashes great length and definition that looks effortless and natural.
10. This palette contains all my favourite shades of eye makeup! From dark charcoal to beautiful browns. MAC Smoke and Mirrors Eye Shadow lets you play with a multitude of looks from one colour box!
11. Another really cool eye shadow that lasts and is great for day time, is Revlon ColourStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in “Berry Bloom”. I love purples and pinks and this compact has a great selection of pretty, girly colours that are gorgeous, especially for summer!
1. This is MY COLOUR! The L’Oreal Colour Riche Eva Longoria Star Secrets Lipstick (721) is a lovely, long lasting lip colour that is just slighly darker than my natural lip colour – making it the ideal daytime lipstick for me.
2. I love MAC Dazzle Glass in “Phiff”. I often use it on it’s own or apply it over lipstick or a lip tint for a bit of gorgeous glam.
3. This is another all time favourite that stays in my handbag. In fact I have one in my handbag and one in my car, just in case. Revlon Beyond Natural LIp Tint in “Nude” is great for the beach thanks to the added SPF and for keeping my lips looking fuller.
4. For “wowzer” colour, I like Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick in “Brilliant Pink”. I only use this when I really want to focus on the lips and always pair it with a simple eye!
5. In case you haven’t noticed, I love “lip tints” and the MAC ShadeStick in “Red Velvet” is another favourite of mine. This one is long lasting, but I find that I have to use gloss over it. I also use it as a base for other lipstick shades as it fills the lips really nicely.
6. For daytime, Estee Lauder Pure Colour Gloss stick in “Pink Sorbet” is ideal. Its a gloss with added, subtle colour for a perfectly polished day look that’s fuss free and gorgeous.
7. Giffarine Lip Colour Tester is the perfect party girl lip kit and ideal for when you go on holiday. It contains 10 brilliant pink shades and comes in a super tiny case (its like three credit cards stacked together) and has a mirror and brush for easy, on-the-go applicaiton.
Comment below and tell us what your favourite lip and eye colour products are and why…
0 Give this post LOVE