We have a soft spot for the new high-waistline. The way it flatters the waist and brings back that ultra-feminine hourglass shape. Not everyone feels the same way though, we found a lot of hate columns online that spoke about their many evils. Weirdly enough most of them were written by men who think that nothing ruins a great butt like a pair of high-waisted trousers.
But haters aside, it can be a tricky trend. But most tricky trends are worth the effort and there’s nothing better than pulling off a gutsy new look. So, here are a few ways to wear the new waistline and to show off your bod to its full advantage…
– They need to fit properly around your natural waistline and butt. To find your natural waistline you just need to hold a piece of string around your waist and bend forward and back, the string will sit in your natural waistline.
– They make your legs look longer, but they can also make your butt look bigger so pick trousers with pockets that sit lower down. A high-waisted pair of trousers with no pockets would make Kate Moss’s bum look big.
– Tuck in your top but don’t pull it out too much or this’ll create bulk where you don’t want it.
– Avoid the skinny version if you’re curvy. A full skirt with a high-waist is so much easier to wear and looks feminine and confident.
– Wear a platform heel with a wide-leg. A skinny leg will look great with flats, but to add more height and to enhance a slender silhouette, go for heels.
Now go forth and rock that high-waisted look. And if you’re already a pro, tell us how you wear yours…