Ever wondered how the “pro’s” get their makeup to last for what seems for ever? It’s actually not that difficult once you get the hang of it and I’ll show you how…
For long lasting eye makeup you will need;
- A cream eye shadow in your favourite colour. I absolutely LOVE Estee Lauder Double Wear Cream Eye Shadow pots. They come in a variety of shades and are super long lasting.
- A MAC 239 brush, no compromises! This brush picks up eye shadow and lets you apply it like magic, with virtually no fall out. – Of course, it does happen from time to time, but when you get used to how much you need, its all a breeze from there.
- An eye shadow you love. At the moment I cant get enough of MAC’s Wonder Woman Pigment Pot in Bright Fuchsia. In general, pigment pots are the bomb, so stock up on these every opportunity you get.
- An eye brightening base like YSL Touche Eclat. My other favourites include Clarins Brightening Eye Base and Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener pen.
- MAC Fix+ spray, its magical and Ill tell you why…
Ok, so lets get started.
For fab eyes, start by dabbing your cream eye shadow on your lid. If it’s light enough, you can apply it right up to your brow bone. Use your finger tips to dab on the colour without putting on too much. You can use one colour, or to intensify the end result, you can use a darker shade on the lids and lighter one on the brow bone, it’s up to you.
Next, using your MAC 239 brush, put a little MAC Pigment powder on your brush and pack it onto your lids by pressing it down. The rule here, is to press then blend, press then blend until you are happy with the result. Focus on adding most of the colour on your outer lids and blend lightly inwards.
Almost done! If you have managed to get some fall out on your face, clean it off and apply an eye brightening cream under your eyes, blending it lightly with your pinky. If you’ve avoided fallouts, good job, but you still want to incorporate this step for bright eyes.
Once you are happy with your eye makeup, close your eyes and spray MAC FIX+ on your face. Do this before applying your mascara to prevent it running down your face. Let the FIX+ dry completely before applying your mascara and viola – makeup’s done!
We Think You'll like these scoops too...