TREND REPORT: Riding Style
Next month, my hometown of Durban plays host to The Vodacom Durban July; one of Durban’s and SA Fashion’s hottest events! With all the hype leading to raceday, combined with a new found love for my riding boots (which I finally found after years of searching), this month’s Trend Report is all about being a stylish Equestrian.
Now, as much as I love this style of dressing, I wouldn’t recommend wearing a riding-style outfit to The July – even though it would make more sense to trot around the grass laden race track in comfy flats and a jacket, instead of your sheer, backless couture designer gown and sky high heels – in winter!
As for any other day, I definitely think this look rocks, even if you have no actual connection on the Mink and Manure belt.
Here’s how to wear the trend…
Riding Style Boots
A true riding-style outfit requires a pair of fabulous flat riding boots! Riding boots are an investment and will almost always look stylish and on-trend, so it’s worth it to spend a little extra for a great quality pair that will last you a lifetime!
- Daniella Michelle brown boots with buckle detail – R1599 from Zoom Footwear
- Leather “Shobola” boots – R1199 from Tsonga
- Nine West leather boots – R1699 from 36boutiques.com
- Hunter Wellington boots – R1999 from 36boutiques.com
Riding Style Pants
After you’ve secured the boots, your next investment should be a pair of jeans or jodhpurs that will give your outfit that unique on-my-way-to-the-stables look!
- DIESEL Highkee jeans – R1699 from DIESEL
- RT Black stirrup tights – R69.99 from Mr Price
- RT Camel ponti leggings – R59.99 from Mr Price
Riding Style Shirts
Shirt up! As much as a perfectly crisp white shirt goes with anything, it’s an absolute must-have for a finished off riding outfit with style…
- The Charlotte Top from the GUESS Capsule Collection – R599 GUESS stores nationwide
- Just Cruizin long sleeve white shirt – R308 from 36boutiques.com
- White short sleeve shirt with gold button detail – R69.99 from Mr Price
Riding Style Jackets & Cardi’s
Add a bit of sophistication and wintry warmth to your outfit with a cute jacket or cardigan. Love, love, loving elbow patches on jackets right now… so hot!
- Foschini News check blazer with elbow patches – R460 36boutiques.com – *check the front detail in our featured image at the top of this Trend Report*
- Old Khaki Cardigan – R499 from 36boutiques.com
Riding Style Accessories
One of the things I love about Riding-Style outfits is how little accessorizing they need. They look cool and casual on their own, but if you must do accessories, keep them minimal and you will surely not go wrong with these choices…
- Poetry leather handbag – R999 from 36boutiques.com
- Old Khaki leather belt – R150 from 36boutiques.com
- Chiffon bow-neck tie – R150 from ASOS
So, what do you think of the Riding Style Trend? Yay or nay?
If you’re going to the Durban July this year, comment below and let us know! We’d love to find out what you’ll be wearing!