Summer Sizzlers – Ladylike Fashion at Woolies
The 50’s are back in style and this summer it’s time to awaken your feminine side and work the trends like a lady!
This 50’s Stripe Skater Dress (R225) is an absolute summer essential! With its bright candy stripes you’re sure to look on trend while still beating the heat!
How to wear the trend
We love how these fashion style bloggers are wearing this trend…
- Belted at the waist with a trendy neon belt like Olga from myblondegal.com
- Minimal accessories with a bright fitted jacket (perfect for the evening) and summer sandals like districtofchic.com
- Play it cool like Natalie from lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com and keep your bag and shoes neutral. Add an extra pop of style to update your outfit to 2012 with a multi-coloured belt and oh-so-chic aviator sunnies.
Turn up the (ankle) heat and give your jeans a break this summer! Nothing says casual-cool more than a pair of chic and stylish crop pants. We love all the beautiful colours of crop pants that Woolies have on offer this season, but we’re especially fond of the contrasting belt! My fave feature of this pair of Belted Crop Pants (R275) from Woolworths’ Modern Wardrobe is the faux pockets on the back and the front. They ensure that the pants look stylish and tailored without the added bulk, besides, that’s what handbags are for…
How to wear the trend
Pair your cropped pants with a pair of cute flats, ladylike heels and a gorgeous ladylike blouse or button up shirt. We love how these three bloggers work the cropped pants trend…
- Colour blocking cool! We love how Layla from chicchefblog.com styles her bright cropped magenta pants with a sheer peach blouse and gorgeous chunky chain necklace.
- Add a little quirky fun to your outfit with a fun shirt like Aisa from aisaipac.com. Love the flats and tribly hat!
- My fave outfit and so, so ladylike is from classy-fabulous.com. She’s nailed the feminine look by pairing her cropped pants with a skinny belt, beautiful shirt and boyfriend blazer, all in pretty pastel colours!
So delicious, I could eat them up! These primp and pretty Pastel Pumps (R140) are a great way to add some yummy colour to your outfits this summer. Wear them with pretty skater skirts and dresses, cropped pants, jeans or your shorts!
Looking for another pair of versatile summer shoes? These black and white Polka Dot Bow Platforms (R375) are perfect. They would also look great with your cropped pants and summer dresses.
A huge trend loved by fashionistas this season is mismatching prints. Try pair up your patterned shoes (polka dot, stripes or even animal print) with cute floral dresses, it looks great!
To ace the 50’s summer look, these four pieces make great closet investments. They can be worn in so many different ways, but we even like this look combining all four. We’re especially fond of the super cute floral skater skirt and the even cuter crossbody bag!
Get all these featured items from Woolies stores now! But you’d better be quick, we think they will sell out fast!