If you’re a child of the nineties, you probably remember baby-doll dresses, right? Those suit-just-about-any-shape cute dresses, that had a fitted bodice and just the right amount of “flare” at the bottom?
Ringing any bells yet? Well the skater style skirt (and dress) is very similar, just an updated version. What we love most about this style is how perfect it is for summer, but because it’s so versatile, it can be dressed up for autumn, winter or spring. And you know what that means… investment, investment, investment!
Best Part? You can style it up with items you’ve already got in your wardrobe! A little black vest, white tank top, cute t-shirt, graphic print jersey tops and tees, that sexy corset or bodysuit, denim or biker jacket, and all those shirts… the possibilities are endless. Look how cute it looks with a denim shirt (above),
To help you put some cute skater girl outfits together, we picked out some stylish way to wear your skater skirt. Remember you can shop the look directly on ASOS! Just click the link to go to the item, and if you’re shopping online from South Africa, make sure you read this first so that you know what to expect from customs!
1. Pretty polka dot jersey skirt looks effortless worn with a simple little tee
2. Flirty and floral mini skirt paired with a black vest, ankle socks and ankle boots. Switch this up with a pair of sandals or wedges for summer
3. Flared black and white skater skirt paired with a graphic jersey and booties
4. Super soft pattern skirt worn with a white tee, grey cardigan and ankle booties. A great outfit for autumn or spring into summer
5. Great for the office! This bright stretch knit skater skirt looks chic when paired with a button up shirt and rolled sleeves
6. Rock it with this aztec print skater skirt worn with a black tee, flat ankle booties and a leather biker jacket
7. A perfect out-on-the-town look! Patterned skater skirt worn with a sexy bodysuit and sky high heels
8. All black number! Love this black leather skater skirt worn with a black top, black stockings and a denim jacket
What is your favourite skater skirt style? Have you got any more chic ways to wear the skater skirt?