Hey Guys, Cam here from Jane Wonder. Today, I wanted to share with you guys, some tips and tricks to rocking the latest denim obsession, denim on denim!!!
Denim, probably the most staple clothing fabric in recent history, has been around since the 19th century.
Who knew that a fabric that was originally used for jeans for construction workers would be so prevalent today?
The uses for this fabric have also evolved over the years, the latest trend being denim on denim.
A great thing about this trend, you can’t really get it wrong!
Here are some fashion bloggers getting this trend right:
Here are some dos and don’ts for wearing denim on denim:
– DO wear different shades of denim in one outfit*
– DO wear the same shades of denim in one outfit*
– DON’T wear denim on top, bottom, in your shoes and your accessories! Denim overkill ain’t pretty
– DON’T be hesitant to mix other colours with your denim ensemble, 3 is the magic number when choosing colours for an outfit
– DO use belts to create a break in the top and bottom of your denim ensemble
– DO wear flats or heels
– DON’T be afraid, if you exude confidence then you will almost always look good!
*Some people may not agree, but I honestly think that you can wear either different or the same shades of denim in one outfit.
Here’s some inspiration for your denim fix:
- Contrast Abraised Cheeky Shorts for R99.99 at Mr Price
- Studded Rider Jacket for R129.99 from Mr Price
- Bleached Star Denim Dungarees for R499.95 from Stylemology
- High Waisted Criss-Cross Jegging for R399.95 from Lee at Stylemology
- Paradise Ripped Jeans for R1299.95 from Supertrash at Stylemology
- Spliced Denim Shirt for R599 from Woolworths
- Studded Yoke Denim Shirt for R129.99 from Mr Price
Are you going to try the denim on denim trend? Tweet me! @CamGildenhuys
x Cam x