Almost time for parteeeee-season! What are you going to wear? More importantly, what are you going to do with your hair?
Sleek and sexy is always good for party locks, but since here in South Africa, holiday season revolves around summer parties and beach-bound hair, casual, yet sexy hair is always a winner in my book!
Since I am also a Durban gal, you guys know the humidity here can be pretty crazy at times, so instead of fighting messy hair, I’ve decided to work with it instead!
One of my fave looks for sexy summer hair, is the tousled, effortless, “I just woke up with it” kind of hair. Think Miranda Kerr and Blake Lively (but without the curls).
This look has more attitude than tousled hair with curls and is so much easier to do! I don’t know about you guys, but having to style my hair with heat in summer can get pretty uncomfortable, especially on those friggin’ hot mornings!
There are tons of ways to get this look, but here’s how I did it…
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Rough dry using a hairdryer on medium heat until hair is damp but not completely dry
- While the hair is still damp, work some mousse into the roots to gift it a little lift, and use your fingers to scrunch it in
- Then apply a texturizing spray – my favourite is TONI&GUY Sea Salt Texturizing spray – and again work it into the hair by scrunching it in
- Continue to rough dry your hair until it is completely dry
- On your dry hair, spray a little more of the Texturizing spray and use your fingers to lightly tease the top to give it that messy look
- Finish with a medium hold hairspray to keep it in place
- Most importantly… don’t play with your hair if you want it to last
My fringe (arrrhh) is also really bugging me at the moment!
It’s at that annoying length, where it really needs a trim, but I want to grow it out more than I want it back, so most days I have to clip it up.
This textured, messy look, makes it a bit more bearable when I want to wear it down…
What do you guys think of this style? What other party styles are you loving for the party season?