Last week I was invited to take part in the Mr Price Sport “Blog Olympics”.
When I first received the invite, I was a little confuzzled (sport and me together? are you sure?) and a little
make that a lot scared!
After all, I’m a fashion and beauty blogger!
Challenges more up my alley would be something like being able to apply mascara without a mirror, paint my nails perfectly on both hands while sipping on champagne, shopping for a new outfit in 30 seconds, or challenged to running in heels. That I could do, but sports – ermmmmm…
When it comes to physical fitness, I’m far better at being a spectator!
I was pretty calm and cool until I saw the other participants!
Holy smokes! I’d be up against real sports people, like Tanya Kovarsky (she’s done like a bazillion Comrades Marathons), Wade Paton (just a pro Hockey Player that plays professional hockey for South Africa) and like serious fitness chicks; Nonhle Ndala and Kate Nokwe!
The day was filled with fun! We got to experience the beautiful Moses Mabhida Stadium in its true glory (like only the athletes who compete there would know), spend a day under the beautiful South African sun, enjoy some fun sports and meet some interesting people too!
Despite being the only person, in the entire group of 24 bloggers, to miss every single attempt at throwing a rubber dart, I had a pretty awesome time.
- Welcome bags in our locker room! Mr Price Sport provided the blog Olympians with cool gear for the day
- Having some fun and games (photo by Moses Mabhida Stadium)
- No other bloggers were harmed in my Frisbee throwing attempt 🙂 (photo Barry Tuck)
- Chilling at the top of the Moses Mahbida Stadium with Dylan (Mr Cape Town) and Chia (The Socialite) – photo Dylan Moore
- Goofing around (photo Amith Gosai)
- Team Durban! Sandile (weblogforlove.com), Kevin (outrightrugby.com), Fathima (happinessisat.blogspot.com), Nadia (nadiavdmescht.co.za), Chia (thesocialite.co.za), Matthew (matthewsavides.wordpress.com), Amith (amg133.blogspot.com) – and not pictured, Abi Ray from East Coast Radio – photo Barry Tuck
- With my girlies, Abi Ray (East Coast Radio) and Chia (The Socialite)
Thanks so much to Mr Price Sport for such an awesome event and to Moses Mabhida Stadium for such an awesome venue. Also to Tsogo Sun who organized rooms for the Durban bloggers to get changed in and Spiga for a fabulous after-party.
For a glimpse of the events, check out this video posted by ECR.