The French are notorious for having great style. With the world’s most iconic fashion designers including; Yves Saint Laurent, Hubert de Givenchy, Christian Dior and the ever-so stylish Coco Chanel, its no wonder Parisian’s dress to impress.
The look is effortless yet classic, simple yet chic and always very stylish. It’s elegant and timeless with every piece carefully considered to balance and perfect the look. Nothing in the outfit screams too loud and it’s rather an understated glamour, a subtle “I know I’m stylish, I don’t need to wear it like a billboard”.
If you (like me) simply can’t jetset off to Paris, you can always bring a little bit of Paris to you, by embracing Parisian Chic style. Just remember no Parisian princess would dare let her stylish look go to waste, so be sure to gather your gal pals for a day of glamour, gossip, croissants and of course, strong Latte.
Perfecting the Ohh la la OUI OUI look
- This belted frill-collar jacket by Carducci (R2325) will give your outfit a modern take on Parisian glamour.
- Classic red lips are a signature staple to the Paris Chic look and it’s the only bold statement you need to make. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place lipstick in Stay Scarlet (R235) delivers long lasting colour that stays true to lips.
- This striped top by Sissy Boy (R599) epitomises the very essence of Parisian elegance.
- Court shoes with subtle details like these stitched black Gino Paoli heels not only the part, but the comfort factor will allow you to pull off a confident, Parisian-like look without hobbling along.
- A fragrance can transport your mind to a whole new world. For a one-way ticket to a Parisian cafe, indulge in the new scent Parisienne Eau de Parfum Spray from Yves Saint Laurent. It has a sophisticated, sensational floral scent with a woody structures and a luminous mystery. It captures the essence of a woman who’s free. She’s not from Paris, but Paris adopts her. (R545* for 30ml, R695* for 50ml and R895* for 90ml)
- A tweed suit is oh-so Coco Chanel. Mimic the grand mademoiselle with this tweed jacket by Kelso from Edgars (R399.95).
- A flawless complexion is an absolute Parisian Chic essential. Get great cover and long lasting wear with one of my all time favourite foundations, Estee Lauder Double Wear Compact (R345).
* Prices are based on recommended retail prices from suppliers and published for general information purposes.