She’s the face of Mnet Idols and you’ll probably remember her from Idols season six. She’s a TV and radio presenter, a motivational speaker and an absolute adrenalin junkie. Seriously! Following this chick on Twitter makes me feel exhausted just reading how fit and energetic she is!
But behind this tough cookie is a gorgeous girl, here’s a sneak inside the 30 year old’s beauty bag, her beauty regime and the products she loves!
Tell us a bit about your beauty regime
I enjoy taking my time with my skin care routine, I cleanse, tone, moisturize everyday. I also enjoy having fun and taking time when applying my make up.
What’s your secret army of beauty products – what can’t you live without?
Dermalogica Lip Conditioning Treatment.
What beauty goodies do you keep with you in your handbag?
- Dermalogica Treatment Foundation because “it fits easily in my bag and is so easy to apply”
- MAC Posh it up Lip Gloss because “it goes with any outfit”
- Dermalogica AGE Smart Renewal Complex because “this is the ideal lip moisturizer and the packaging is so cool!”
- Tresemme 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray because “its ideal for when you are having a bad hair day and you need a quick, easy fix”
- Bioderma Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream because “I always keep sunblock in my bag as I’m often on shoots out in the sun”
Are you sponsored by any cosmetic/ beauty brands?
On an average day of the week, how do you wear your makeup?
I just wear the basics; foundation, blush, eyeshadow and mascara.
Tell us about your weekend beauty
I go for a more relaxed makeup look with a little foundation and mascara.
Now for an event or going out, how do you wear your makeup?
I love playing around with my makeup and it differs from event to event.
Lets say you have a big event coming up and you’ve woken up with an even bigger pimple. How do you hide it?
I use Dermalogica Spot Concealing Treatment.
How do you manage to keep a “fresh face” look even when you’re tired or travelling a lot?
After travelling, to sooth puffy eyes or black rings under my eyes, soak Cotton wool pads in cold milk and apply for 10 to 15 minutes. I do this an hour before I head out and just before I apply my make up.
Any tricks to ensuring your makeup is always in place at events?
I usually just check the mirror to see if everything is still in place.
Besides being made up by professional makeup artists for Idols, are there any products you use to ensure you look good on camera when you’re out at events with other socialites?
- MAC Mineralize Skin
- MAC Prep + Prime
- Dermalogica Treatment Foundation
Have you learnt any secrets from makeup artists in the industry?
Yolandi Lotter, a stylist and makeup artist says that you should always ensure your skin is completely free/ clean from makeup before applying makeup for TV. If it’s not she says it can appear blotching.
What is your ultimate beauty treat?
A facial. Its hard to find time in my schedule to have a facial, so when I do go for one its an absolute treat!
What do you love most about makeup and beauty?
It gives women the confidence to feel beautiful.
What is the biggest beauty mistake women make?
Going to bed without removing their make up
The Best of the best:
- Foundation: MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
- Eye Shadow: MAC Gleam Eyeshadow
- Mascara: L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara
- Lipstick: MAC Via Veneto LipGlass
- Hair products: VO5 Shine & Hold Illuminating Hairspray and Tresemme 24Hour Body Shampoo
- Nail polish – Essie
- Fragrance: Thierry Mugler Angel
- Body Care: Dermalogica Conditioning Body Wash; Lux Glowing Touch Shower Gel; Nivea Ultra Protection SPF50 Moisturizing Sun Lotion
If you’d like to ask Liezel any questions about beauty, post them in the comment box below and we’ll get her to answer as many as possible!