Today we catch up with Beautopia’s Editor, Emmy Schofield…
How did you get started in the beauty industry?
While I was still studying, I got an internship with the fabulous Suzy Josephson who was the Beauty Editor at Marie Claire in 2002.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Trying-out all the fabulous new products and treatments. As well as being in an industry with such amazing people.
What’s the most common questions girls ask you when they find out what you do?
“What did you study to get your job?” Answer: Um, finance… It has so much to do with working hard, and being in the right place at the right time. Get an unpaid internship, and do everything that is asked of you with a smile.
What was your last beauty purchase?
My fabulous hair colour with Lisa at Furr Hair at Wembley Square. (www.furrhair.co.za)
What are your top beauty products right now?
- Maybelline Stiletto Lash Waterproof Mascara,
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy,
- Acquizhen Rebalancing Mask,
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Gradual Tanner ,
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Emerald.
What are your all time fav products? Things you’ve loved since forever and can’t live without?
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream. I’ve used this cream for a few years now, and I just love it. The texture is amazing, and can make my eye look like I’ve had 8 hours sleep, even when I haven’t.,
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. I don’t really know what to say about this – I use it ALL the time…on my lips, nails and cuticles, and any dry patches. I even use it on my horse if he has a cut (after all that is what it was originally made for!)
- MAC Pro Longwear Lipcream in Prolong. This is my perfect red in the perfect formula. This red suits my skin tone so well, and the colour lasts for hours. I especially like the creamy texture as it delivers a very classic, understated look, and it doesn’t end-up all over your face when the south easter blows your hair onto your lips.,
- L’Oreal Oiliss Leave-in Anti Frizz Treatment (which I have recently replaced with L’Oreal’s Mythic Oil). This is simply the best de-frizzer ever. I just apply it to damp hair, and leave it to dry naturally. It gives me gorgeous beach waves, and not a triangle of fuzz.,
- My ghd Styler. Not sure I really need to elaborate on why I love my ghd.
Favourite websites you visit:
- www.StyleScoop.co.za (Thanks Emmy! Much Love xxx)
Favourite nail polish for summer?
Tip Top’s limited edition 8 till Late Glitter range (launching mid-November) and I’m so excited they Maybelline’s Colorama’s are back!
Favourite scent of the season?
Burberry Body – it reminds me of Christmas parties!
What is your beauty secret or tip?
- Wear sunscreen. Always!
- If you’re in a hurry – you’ll be amazed at what curling your lashes and a pop of blush can do! And keep your eye creams in the fridge.