So you want to shop and enjoy all the festive holiday deals splashed all over the internet? Why should it be only the American’s having all the fun?
I’ve got great news for you!
PayPal not only makes online shopping safe, secure and seamless, but they’ve also put together a fabulous partnership, enabling customers in the majority of sub-Saharan Africa countries, including South Africa, to benefit from holiday sales in the USA.
If you don’t use PayPal already, then I suggest you start!
I’ve been using PayPal for years and have purchased tangible and digital goods from around the world and I have never had any issues.
PayPal is a brilliant concept that detaches fear from online shopping, mainly because you never have to dish out your credit card details when purchasing something online.
You literally store your bank details on your safe and secure PayPal account, and when you make an online purchase (with a retailer that offers PayPal checkout), all you need is your PayPal username and password to pay. The seller will never know your financial details.
Pretty cool hey?
Everyone can sign up for a Free PayPal account, and because it’s linked to your bank account, you never have to worry about “topping up” your PayPal limit.
If international online shopping still scares you, because you’re worried about being scammed, you don’t have to be! If you shop using PayPal, you’re also covered by PayPal’sBuyer Protection. So, lets say an eligible item doesn’t show up, or turns out to be different than described, they’ll help sort things out with the seller and you won’t lose out!
So, now you can let your guard down and enjoy online shopping, 24/7 anywhere your magic mouse takes you!
And you can shop without restrictions!
For the holidays, PayPal have partnered with USaddress.com on a special, PayPal customer only promotion, allowing us to take advantage of holiday deals and offers in the USA. This, specifically for online stores that don’t ship to South Africa.
You can now shop at any US online retailer, get your parcel sent to your very own USaddress, who will receive your goods and courier them to you in South Africa. No more shopping barriers.
To launch this special partnership, as a PayPal customer you can enjoy a $10 off coupon (PPAFBF) for deliveries from the US made through USaddress.com (until the 15th January 2015). You can use this coupon code 10 times, adding a total saving of $100! Not too shabby!
To find out more about this incredible promotion click here.
In a nutshell, PayPal opens up a world of shopping possibilities, and if you’re a shop-a-holic in South Africa, this is a huge thing! No more limits on what you can buy online.
The fact that PayPal process almost 10 million payments a day, it’s no wonder they have 157 million active digital wallets, including mine!
The internet is your oyster – shop it!
How to open you PayPal account
Go to www.paypal.com/za and in just a few steps you be signed up. Link a credit or debit card and you’re ready to go!
How to verify your PayPal account
- To confirm a user’s identity and his financial details (the credit/debit card added to the PayPal account), the user needs to verify his account. Once verified sending and withdrawal limits on the account will be lifted.
- The steps to verify a PayPal account:
- Go to www.paypal.com/za and log in to the account.
- Under ‘Notifications’, click ‘Link and confirm my debit or credit card’.
- Follow the instructions to submit a request for PayPal code.
- PayPal will charge the card linked to the account $1.95, which will be refunded to the PayPal account’s balance at the end of the process. A 4-digit code will show beside this charge on the card statement within 2-3 business days.
- When you know your code, you can confirm your card: Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account and click ‘Confirm my debit or credit card’ in the ‘Notifications’ box. Enter the PayPal code and click Submit.
What else you can use you PayPal account for:
- Sending payments- with a South African PayPal account one can shop in thousands of online stores and pay more securely for his purchases. One can also send payments to almost anyone in exchange for goods and services, outside of South Africa, simply using their email address and without sharing any financial information with the seller.
- Receiving payments- the South African PayPal account can also be used for receiving payments on a website or via a payment request or an invoice. You can also withdraw the funds from your PayPal account and into any South African bank account via the FNB PayPal service (no need for an actual FNB bank account). If you bank with any other South African bank, all you will need to do is to open a free FNB online profile. Read more about the service here