With the party season right around the corner, social calendars are filling up. Parties are being planned, outfits are being picked and no fabulous gal should be without the right kind of makeup. Check out my top beauty products right now for the party season.
Here’s a peek at my party pack. Everything from face to lips and lids to nails.
Lipsticks and glitter and sparklies oh my!
Bold, luscious lips will always be a party favourite. The trick to finding your perfect colour is to experiment, experiment, experiment! And, with all the festivities of the holiday season, this is the time to find your perfect shade of red!
Here are some of my top lipstick picks to try for your party look. Tried, Tested and Loved – of course!
- This one is an absolute must for the party gal! ModelCo Lip Lights Gloss in Sienna Sunset not only gives your lips gorgeous, natural colour and shine, but when you open it, the LED light inside lets you apply with perfection. Oh, and there’s also a mirror on the case! Clever! No more applying your lip colour in the dark.
- If you like red lips but can’t seem to “do” red then this burnt red gloss is a good alternative. Maybelline Superstay Gloss in 550 is perfect for olive skin tones like mine. Apply the colour with the applicator on the one side, allow it to dry for 2 minutes and then flip it over and apply the clear gloss. The bonus is that it lasts and the applicator allows you to paint a perfect pout! MWAH!
- Another red I find myself drawn to is the new Bobbi Brown Metallic Lip Colour in Jewel Red. Once again it works wonders with my complexion and the jewel tones soften up the colour to make my lips look oh-la-luscious!
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Lipstick in Stay Scarlet is such a beautiful colour I could cry. It’s a cold, solid red that would look amazing with fair skinned gals. Personally, it doesn’t suit me although I’ve tried numerous times to convince myself otherwise. Regardless of my skin complexion, its an amazing, truly red shade and if you can pull of the red-red lips, go check it out!
Get your party face on with these party-perfect products for your face:
- Revlon PhotoReady Makeup foundation is a true party favourite, especially when your paparazzi friends are lurking. It’s a long lasting foundation that makes you look good on the night and you’ll also look picture perfect on Facebook later!
- LCN Cover Stick helps you conceal those little imperfections. It’s small and fits perfectly into your clutch purse for on-the-go touch-ups on the night.
- A new product that I can’t get enough of is Optiphi Set the Canvas primer. Apply it before your foundation for long lasting makeup that looks natural and cake-free. Plus an added bonus, it’s proudly South African!
Party eyes are all about the sparkle! My faves this party season are:
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Metallic Eye Shadow in Black Crystals gives your lids a sophisticated sparkle that goes on smoothly and lasts all night. It’s also build-able so you can decide how much drama you’d like to add!
- You’ll also need a smudge free, waterproof mascara for an all night party. I love Estee Lauder Sumptuous Waterproof Mascara. I’ve already put this mascara to the test on a three-movie chick flick marathon and it lasted, so when it comes to lasting all night at the club – this is it!
- When I saw this fun, flirty and fabulous liquid liner from Bobbi Brown I swear my heart skipped a beat. I’m a huge fan of Bobbi Brown Gel eye liner so when I got to try the new Bobbi Brown Glitter Liquid Eye Liner I was over the moon. It’s made it into my party purse for sure!
No party look would be complete without fabulous flirty nails. There are so many colours that I’m into at the moment that it was really difficult to pick my top three – but for now, here they are…
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NY is a gorgeous black with seductive, metallic sparkles. It’s one of the nicest nail polishes to use. The innovative brush lets you apply your colour quickly and easily, plus the Complete Salon Manicure means you get all five steps to a good manicure in one single bottle! Yep, it offers a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, colour and top coat – what more could a girl ask for?
- For the effortlessly chic gal, you’ve got to try Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Intermezzo. It goes with absolutely everything and looks fantastic on tanned fingers and toes. It’s the most sensual mother of pearl shade I’ve tried.
- Tip Top Nail Chic in Pink Lady is the perfect from-beach-to-bar nail colour for your summer. Long lasting, great looking and at under R40 bucks, you just have to have it!
Now that I’ve spilled my party picks, what’s your faves?